Archive for June 28th, 2012
Casio world famous for calculators has now built its first ios app which use camera to decode and read multi colored flashing light. App named “Picapi Camera” uses visible light technology to send and receive data.
You can send and receive messages to five people by pointing camera equipped smart phone at another at once. The sent message is encoded in red, blue and green color. Receiver has just to point camera in front of sender. There is limitation of size of data to a single 8-bit word. But this can be simplified by URL which downloads additional data from online source. Also data can be downloaded from cloud server using GPS data and ID number.
“There are two approaches to communication using visible light. One is to embed data in the light from illumination sources, by turning it on and off at high speed, as a natural way of communicating information. With that approach, devices use photodiodes. The other approach involves image sensors. A device that captures light is a camera, so the idea is to relate light obtained by a camera to information. We’re using the camera approach – visible light communication through image sensors.” said Casio.
With sharing messages you can integrate in to advertising such as bill boards. This technology works from distance and lot people can receive message at the same time.
“The imaging range is about 1 m with a 1 cm diameter. It’s hard to read a QR code from a long range, but with this system, the camera only needs to capture a few pixels that make up a block of color. For example, if you can get, say, 30 cm making up a very small part of signage in front of a station, you can send information maybe a hundred meters. So, this system differs from QR codes by having a long range and enabling multiple content downloads.”
See the video below to know what this app do for you:
Download here from iTunes.
After a long wait Apple today finally released its Stand alone Podcast app for ios. Those running ios 5.1 & higher can enjoy this app from this second. The app includes 100 & 1000’s of pod casts in 40 languages.
What is Podcast??
Podcast actually is an amalgamation of word “Broad cast” & “iPod”. It consist of series of episode that user subscribe to & receive the content in either audio form or video. It’s also termed as “Time shifted radio” as its medium is same but also offers user control when and where to listen.
“Top station” feature in Podcast will give you pod casts according to topics, like we say art, business, music, comedy, news, sports & more. After selecting your Podcast you can “Subscribe” to receive latest episodes. They can be streamed or downloaded for Offline listen.
- “Program” icon in this show titles, number of episodes loaded, number of unplayed episodes. Clicking on “Show” button you get description of episode & find a button if you want to subscribe or unsubscribe particular episode.
- “Catalog” icon directs you to iTunes store through wall animation. You can view featured shows and search for new programs.
- “Categories” show you list of topics to select like art, music, news etc.
- “Library” button rotate wall & bring you there from where you started.
- Top station feature gives you the opportunity to select various topics.
- Share your playlists: You can share your created play lists with your friends via Gmail, FaceBook or Twitter. For Gmail you can send a link to your friend to share. For Face book & Twitter you can share with your friends by clicking share button.
- Enjoy both Audio & Video Podcasts at a same place.
- Using “Play back” Control you can skip forward & back of episode.
- You can hear offline also.
- Explore your favorite app in 40 languages.
- Turn Sleep timer to stop playing when you are about to sleep.
- Supports lock screen, task bar & headphone remote
It’s a wonderful app for fun & enjoyment. For synchronizing episodes you need iTunes 10.6.3 or later. And think what’s great??? It’s just a free app…