Yesterday Apple released its much awaited Smartphone iPhone 5, which has gone live now. So I dedicate this post to all iPhone lovers and will provide you all the specifications you’ll need to know. Apple iPhone 5 is having each and everything that anyone could think of, It is now taller , more lighter and shinier and a power-pack device in itself came to conquer the market.
Size and weight:
We know Apple iPhone5 is 18% thinner & 20% lighter than iPhone 4S. Apple iPhone 5 will be 123.8mm in height, width of 58.6mm and weighs only 112 grams. It is as light as it could get and also shinier than before.
- Height: 4.87 inches
- Width: 2.31 inches
- Weight: 3.95 ounces
Cellular and wireless :
Supports all the cellular and wireless network that are present till now with GSM, CDMA HSPA and LTE (Although Samsung and HTC had earlier warned Apple not to use LTE in the iPhone 5 otherwise be prepared for another patent suite let see what happens next). Apple iPhone 5 will be having Bluetooth version 4.0 and WiFi technology.
- UMTS/HSPA+ & DC-HSDPA
- CDMA & LTE
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
- Supports GPS & GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Wi-Fi and Cellular
Widescreen of 4 inches supporting Retina display is another featured which was rumored to be in iPhone 5 and now it is reality, 1136x 640 pixels resolution with a better contrast ratio and the screen is having a coating that will not allow fingerprint on screen that is what all touch screen users want in their phone. iPhone 5 will support several languages.
- Retina display
- 4-inch screen
- 1136 x 640 pixel resolution
- 800:1 contrast ratio with 500 cd/m2 max brightness
- Fingerprint defiant oleophobic outside layer on facade
Camera, Photos, and Video:
This is the major specification we all look in the smartphone before purchasing it. As per the rumor we were expecting a 12 megapixels camera but the camera is still the same with 8MP with panorama mode (at 28MP effective), a HD video recording and Autofocus with image and video stability is what we should look for. LED Flash with face detection and geotagging is all set to provide a complete experience.
- 8-megapixel Camera with iSight
- Panorama mode (28 Megapixels effective)
- HD Video recording 1080p with upto 30 FPS
- 1.2Mega Pixels FaceTime HD camera
- Autofocus for video or still images
- Face detection & LED Flash
- Enhanced video stabilization
- Photo & video Geotagging
Power and Battery:
This is another major factor and iPhone 5 is all prepared to provide the best with rechargeable lithium-ion battery which can be charged though USB or Power adapter. Apple iPhone 5 is all set up to provide a standby time of 225 hours and talk time of 8 hours on 3G network and 40 hours of audio and 10 hours of video playback.
- Built-in lithium-ion battery
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
- 3 axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
After reading the above specifications – are you fully satisfied and content or were you expecting something more from this event? Please remember to provide us the feedback and your opinions about Apple iPhone5. You might also be interested in reading about
- Ninja Must Die for iPhone and iPad
- Stupidness 2 for iPhone and iPad
- What’s My IQ? ™ for iPhone and iPad
- Trigger Fist for iPhone and iPad
- Extreme Skater for iPhone and iPad
- Blood & Glory: Legend for iPhone and iPad