You are always recommended to take a backup always before upgrading your device operating software that is done just in case if something goes wrong you can always use recent backup to reinstate your device to its original condition(before the update gone wrong). Although we always suggest users to make a backup on either iCloud or iTunes+
Steps for creating a backup through iTunes :-
- Connect your device to computer and open iTunes application.
- Device will automatically synchronies through itunes and backup will automatically be created.
- Just in case your device doesn’t sync automatically then you can click on the Sync button to produce a back (otherwise right click on the name of the device on the left pane and then choose back up.)
Please feel free to share your thoughts with us and if you are facing any problem or if you have any query related to anything then feel free to share with us and will try to revert as soon as possible. You might also be interested in reading about:-
- iPhone 5 Specifiactions
- Learn how to update to iOS 6 via iTunes
- Learn How to manually update to iOS 6 over-the-air (OTA)
- New iPod touch will be availble in 5 different colors
- New iPod touch with A5 processor, enhanced camera & FaceTime HD